"Momo no Hana" Song Commentary
Momo no Hana [桃の花] - Let's unravel the thread of the author's thoughts. There is that stylish and charming one-story shoe store. As I stood in front of a show-window, a springtime nursery rhyme came down on me. The lady who just started strolling somewhere under a tree with the sound of her mild footsteps waited for the scent of spring. Nine blocks west, thirteen blocks east. My melody came down on me. My song came down to me.
Fukkyuu Okaeriman no Uta [復旧オカエリマンの歌] - I want to apologize for the cancellation of the Kyoto performance, I was shivering at my own incompetence sitting in my car without my instrument. The crumpled buildings must have been reflected in the muddled waters. The news flashed through the train windows, and before long, time had eventually passed by. Now is the time I'll be saying these words: recapturing those smiles with its powerful resonance as we sing along with the bass line.
Sengoku Jandararin Mikawa Monogatari [戦国じゃんだらりん三河物語] - The Mikawa [province] has something else to boast than just Danish bento, nor the Nishiki Elementary, not even the sasanquas in the Yamamoto family residence. The Aoi family crest belonged to the Tokugawa clan. I fell obsessed with the Iga Crossing act immediately after the Akechi Rebellion. Peasants hand out onigiri to commanders fleeing away on the animal trail, encountering the greatest risk of their lives. A hundredfold of its energy was stored within Ieyasu's body out of obligation. Here's a mesmerizing idiom of the Mikawa people: while the master-and-servant would eventually establish the Edo, they abandon themselves in the riverbank to the citizens of Tsukuda village. That's why the tsukudani [food simmered in soy sauce] looks so tasty.
Gekkou Daidassou [月光大脱走] - I was five years old in 1956. I crossed the Oita River while holding my mother's hand. On the other side of the bridge stood a man dressed in a white robe and a military cap with a prosthetic leg on the donation box, holding a silver harmonica in one hand. I should've known this, but somehow that melody of a military song took me back. I stood still and listened attentively. Mother: "Ma-kun, isn't music really interesting?"; Me: "Yeah"; Mother: "Here, take this". As I timidly dropped a 10-yen coin onto the donation box, the man stopped playing and said "Thank you, young boy". The harmonica continued moving into the harmonies of my beloved hometown.
In late 1996, I spotted a silver harmonica under the Shibuya railways in a long while. I gazed at the guy in a prosthetic leg looking wholesome on the side of the pedestrian bridge leading to fruit store. The harmonica soared through the Showa sky like a dragonfly. "Nocturne for the Disabled Veterans of the Pacific War - The Great Moonlight Escape" is the official title of this song.
Stereo no Rekishi [ステレオの歴史] - With its handy MDs, clear CDs, and DATs essential for professionals, I would, however, occasionally kneel down and place the phonograph needle onto the black record. Or is this just more of Jijy's shenanigans? Nope. Even rising filmmaker Natchan used to listen to Otasukeman [music] on his grandma's portable player.
By the way, Teichiku is short for Teikoku Chikuonki [name at the time of this music label's establishment in 1931].
BABAR no Dengon [BABARの伝言] - Go ahead and live a long life.
Minato Street [港ストリート] - I mixed the acapella track from the studio with the ambient recordings from Fulton Street on October 1997. The street recordings were extracted from approximately one hour of tape footage, unedited.
My Boy CHRYSLER [マイボーイCHRYSLER] - Here is the full version of this song recorded from my previous album.
Here are a few moments when I took my mother for a five-days-and-three-nights trip to New York on October 1995. We left the country and swore myself to never be enraged and be an affectionate son, but I got irritated by her slow pace, got annoyed with her obsession of souvenirs, and ended up with an ill attitude a few times. I'm sorry. On our way to the airport via taxi as we were about to return home, my mom pointed to the skyscrapers viewed from the bridge, "That's the Chrysler [Building]! That's the Empire [State Building]!" and I let it all out.
Anata no Mono [あなたのもの] - This track was dedicated for the wedding of Goro Saitoh, an artist and my senior from my hometown. Since the song is too personal, I thought it wouldn't be quite suitable for an album, but every time I sing this live, me and the audiences grew more passionate, and it's finally recorded for this album. It seems that the sound of the ocarina must've reflected a manly feeling.
Pride [プライド] - In a scene from a play that I wrote titled "The Bone in the Museum", the owner of the "Ryu's Knacks" snack bar who talked to the struggling mangaka was inspired by the parable of a young wolf boy.
Let the howls of bankruptcy take a toll of everything.
THANX - There's a double cherry blossom tree planted on the parking area of Greenbird Studio. It's not much of a chat, but it feels as if the will of that tree branch gets affirmative. From the Earth's North Hemisphere, within the galactic solar system, I feel so happy to breathe in a place swayed by the wind, making the flowers bloom.
I've always wanted to share my words, all the time.
THANX.
Comments
Post a Comment